Text 'PINK' to 78247 to join the Pink Ribbon's Project text updates group!
UNBEATABLE: A BOLD NEW MUSICAL was selling off-the-charts when Hurricane Ike struck and damaged Stages Repertory Theatre. The actors were re-located, equipment was salvaged, and everyone waited to see what the fate of this world-premiere musical would be.
If you believe in Karma, you'll love what happened next: Stages - who housed an Alley Theatre production following Tropical Storm Allison - is now the beneficiary of the Theatre District's good will. The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts opened its arms to us, and now UNBEATABLE: A BOLD NEW MUSICAL will run in Zilkha Hall from September 24th through October 6th.
Now for the brightest news of all: While Stages had 171 seats in its theatre, Zilkha Hall has 500 - giving us an even greater opportunity to reach out to the community and raise awareness about breast cancer.
WE NEED YOUR HELP IN GETTING THE WORD OUT about these newly-scheduled performances, and filling every seat with someone who is in need of inspiration, hope, and laughter! The performance schedule is below, as well as extensive information on how to get your tickets at the Hobby Center.
If you've seen it already, come see it again in this beautiful proscenium space; if you haven't seen it yet, now's your chance to come with your family and friends! Let's help this project exceed its original potential, and break records for raising awareness in the Houston community! (To see what audiences are saying, go to the end of the email and read their comments!)
UNBEATABLE PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE:
Wednesday, September 24 - 7:30 PM
Friday, September 26 - 8:00 PM
Saturday, September 27 - 3:00 PM
Sunday, September 28 - 7:30 PM
Wednesday, October 1 - 7:30 PM
Friday, October 3 - 8:00 PM
Saturday, October 4 - 8:00 PM
Sunday, October 5 - 3:00 PM
HOBBY CENTER TICKET INFORMATION:
Your tickets, your way. . . 24 hours a day.
Scroll through the events calendar and click on the event you are interested in purchasing. This will take you to theEvent Description page. After clicking the ticket link, enter the quantity of tickets you would like to purchase and then choose the seating/price level options. If the desired seats are sold out, the Sorry page will appear, informing you that the price level could not be secured. Otherwise, the Shopping Cart page will appear and a timer will be displayed. At this point, you may continue shopping, check out, remove seats, or remove your entire order. If you would like to complete the purchase of your tickets, choose a Delivery Method from the drop down menu. Then, click on the Check Out button located at the bottom of the page.
Monday - Friday 10:00am - 6:00pm; Saturday - Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
(713) 315-2525, option 1 for Single Tickets; option 2 for Groups of 10 or more
The Hobby Center Box Office representatives provide fast, friendly service during the hours mentioned above. For single tickets to Broadway in Houston performances, please call (713) 629-3700.
Street Level at 800 Bagby Street , between Rusk and Walker
Visit the Hobby Center Box Office, Monday - Friday 10:00am - 6:00pm; Saturday - Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
WHAT OUR AUDIENCES ARE SAYING ABOUT "UNBEATABLE!"
- Congratulations on all of your hard work with Unbeatable. It is a wonderful show with amazing music and performers. "Tracy" did a fantastic job with the role. You were right about the laughs throughout the play - and wrong about tears before intermission. The mother-daughter scene got me good.I have no reason to believe that the show will not sell out completely!
- The show was fabulous. You did an amazing job with it all. I am so glad we were able to be a part of it. It will be a huge success.
- My husband, Larry and I just got back a little while ago from the Unbeatable play. It was truly touching and inspiring. Even Larry, who is not usually emotional at movies and plays, became teary eyed at different parts of the play. We very much enjoyed the experience.
- Thank you again for thinking of us and for all that you do on behalf of womens' breast cancer
- Stan and I, Lolly and Stuart went to see the show today. It was so moving and brought back so many memories and stirred feelings inside from so long ago.
- Hi! I know the weekend was marvelous for you all. . .and you must still be on such a high! Much congratulations!
- "Unbeatable" is "Supremeable". I was thrilled to see the musical opening night. Thanks for making "Unbeatable" happen in Houston. I am recruiting friends to join me and see it again. J
- What an incredible evening Saturday nite!!!!!!! It was awesome. I am flattered beyond belief to have been included. Look forward to talking to you soon about it. Many thanks. You should be proud of what you have accomplished
- Yes, I did watch the show last night!! And it was fabulous! Entertaining, yet poignant, with a top-notch cast (especially Kristy Cates - what a powerhouse voice!). I thought the set was very well done, as well, and I really liked the transitions between the story and the courtroom. It was wonderful to see such a terrific production on our stage and how the audience was wrapped up in it all.
- That is SO wonderful!!!!! J As you saw, I was extremely touched as well!
- I am going again with 6 of my family members this Sunday!!!
- I loved the show! One of my best friends from high school, a recent breast cancer survivor, is coming in from Tuscaloosa with her daughter to see it. So I will be going again.
- Congratulations!! We have already heard from those that attended last night and everyone had a most moving experience. Can't wait to see it.
- Judy and I thought that the production was extremely powerful. It was an emotional roller-coaster with an outstanding cast. We were truly moved by the play. The lyrics were very clever. It needs to go to New York!
- You have done a tremendous job!!!!
- Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! We had SO much fun on Wednesday night. The performance was amazing, I have told everyone about it. Mom bought a bunch of tickets and is taking more girls back for a night. I gifted 4 tickets to one of my clients, just waiting for her to pick a date!!! I am so proud of you for all of the hard work that you put into the production! You have done so much with your foundation, I know that has to make you feel good about all the time, effort and money that you put into supporting breast cancer awareness and research!
- Keep on doing what you do! You are the best at it!
- We loved it - it was exceptional. Thanks and congratulations on helping bring this to Stages.
- Really enjoyed last night, and it gave me hope for my bone marrow transplant. Thanks for working with my schedule.
- Words cannot express how moved I was by Unbeatable. The story line is INCREDIBLE and the cast is AMAZING! All of our guests truly enjoyed the show AND they were also very impressed by Stages theatre. Thank you for making the production possible. I know the show will touch many lives.
- It is difficult to choose words that adequately describe how touched I was by Tuesday evening's performance of UNBEATABLE!!!!!
- Kristy Cate's portrayal of Tracy and her experience with this horrible disease was absolutely riveting from the beginning through the final scene. I have not been captivated by live theater like this in many years. Please convey my heartfelt appreciation to the cast or others involved with this magnificent production. Unfortunately, Tracy's story is being played out in real life every minute of every day all over the world. Thank you for helping me and all of the audiences who witness how lives are changed around each and every woman that has to fight this awful battle.
- I plan to see the play again before it leaves town. You have done good work benefiting many with all of your efforts to make this play come to life.